The ICSF proudly follows BC Soccer Coaches Pathway, and Canada Soccer's Long-Term Player Development (LTPD).
Long-Term Player Development (LTPD) is a CSA soccer-specific adaptation of the Long-Term Athlete Development model (LTAD) developed by Canadian Sport Centres. LTAD is a scientific model for periodized athlete training and development that respects and utilizes the natural stages of physical, mental, and emotional growth in athletes. Like the LTAD program, LTPD is designed to:
- Promote lifelong enjoyment of physical activity.
- Provide a structured player development pathway.
- Describe best practices for elite player development.
- Create long-term excellence.
Benefits of LTPD
The BC Soccer Pathway provides a roadmap for soccer players of all ages and abilities to participate at various levels of the game with the aim of encouraging lifelong participation. The Pathway is built around the principles of Long-Term Player Development (LTPD).
The Pathway Overview provides a summary of the programs, competitions and levels that soccer is played in British Columbia which include various environments and standards set by BC Soccer.
- BC Soccer Coaches pathway: https://www.bcsoccer.net/coach-pathway
- Canada Soccer Coach Education & Certification: https://www.canadasoccer.com/coach/coach-education-and-certification/
- CSA Grassroots Coach Education Program: https://www.canadasoccer.com/coach/coach-education-and-certification/
- CSA Advanced Coach Education Program: https://canada-soccer.myshopify.com/collections/active-courses